Date: January 3, 2019
Job Description: Sr. Technical Writer - Temporary
Location: CNEX – San Jose, CA
CNEX Labs, Inc. is a fast-growing technology company developing hardware and solutions for solid-state-storage. Led by an experienced management team and well-funded by strategic investments from tier 1 companies in storage and networking, CNEX is quickly advancing product technology to deliver high-performance and extreme scalability for a new generation of storage.
CNEX has an immediate need for a temporary, full-time Sr. Technical Writer to fill in for an existing team member while on leave. This is expected to be an up to two-month assignment, with the possibility of longer. The right candidate will be experienced, and able to hit the ground running with little hands-on training.
Includes the following responsibilities but not limited to:
- Interacting with designers, application and firmware engineers in order to obtain technical data, and feature rich content pertaining to CNEX storage controller.
- Writing, revising, and completing device specification, application notes, and user guides.
- Keeping records of document revisions of all specifications created.
- Submitting daily and weekly status reports for review
- Providing support to other technical writers, engineers, and sales when needed
- BA in English, technical English, or technical writing preferred
- BA in related subjects such as journalism or communications with a minor in writing or composition required.
- Proficiency in desktop publishing packages: Adobe FrameMaker, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel required
- Minimum of 3 Years of technical experience in a electronics or hardware-related field required
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions required
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently required