CNEX Labs, Inc. is a stealth mode start-up company chartered with developing hardware and software solutions for solid-state-storage. Led by an experienced management team and well-funded by strategic investments from tier 1 companies in storage and networking, CNEX is quickly advancing product technology to deliver high-performance and extreme scalability for the next generation of storage. CNEX has 50+ employees in the US and Europe, and 100+ employees in China.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our Open-Channel team. The applicant should have experience with the storage stack at an operating system layer (e.g., block layer, file systems, device drivers). Particularly, experience on the Linux kernel is highly valued. The main tasks will be to implement new features and support customers on the Linux Open-Channel stack (i.e., LightNVM), as well as help integrate the architecture with CNEX's next generation controllers.
- Design and implement a file system integration for Open-Channel. At this point, the most probably file system in F2FS. This activity should be done in a research/experimental approach to understand the trade-offs of the design based on actual data. Results are publishable.
- Design and implement customer-specific features for POCs. Typically these features make it to the upstream solution.
- Contribute to the existing stack in the Linux Kernel.
- Work within a distributed team in China and Denmark
- 5+ years experience in operating system and storage development
- Expertise on the Linux Kernel
- Expertise on flash-friendly data structures
- M.Sc in CS or relevant field Ph.D valued
Competitive salary and benefits package offered!