CNEX Labs, Inc. is a stealth mode start-up company chartered with developing hardware and software solutions for solid-state-storage. Led by an experienced management team and well-funded by strategic investments from tier 1 companies in storage and networking, CNEX is quickly advancing product technology to deliver high-performance and extreme scalability for the next generation of storage. CNEX has 50+ employees in the US and Europe, and 100+ employees in China.
This is a hands-on manager level position leading a FW team that is responsible for delivering the FW for an enterprise SSD program. Responsibilities include working with functional inputs of the product, such as: system architecture, hardware design, NAND, firmware, validation, qualification, customer teams, and contract manufacturers to define, develop, and deliver fully qualified FW for SSDs to key enterprise OEM customers. A high amount of refactoring and documentation of FW is expected.
Required Skills and Experience:
· 10+ years of experience in SSD/HDD design and development
· Knowledge of SSD controllers, firmware, host architecture, memory, and storage interfaces, especially PCIe/NVMe, and preferably firmware development experience
· Knowledge of techniques and approaches to refactoring an existing code-base
· Proven track record of delivering FW into successful new products
· Must have the ability to lead a cross-site, cross-functional FW engineering team
· Ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical teams and organizational levels
· Experience with customer communication and documentation of the design and behaviors
· Knowledge and experience with project planning methodologies and tools
CNEX Labs, Inc.