CNEX Labs, Inc. is a stealth mode start-up company chartered with developing hardware and software solutions for solid-state-storage. Led by an experienced management team and well-funded by strategic investments from tier 1 companies in storage and networking, CNEX is quickly advancing product technology to deliver high-performance and extreme scalability for the next generation of storage. CNEX has 50+ employees in the US and Europe, and 100+ employees in China.
This is a hands-on Director-level position leading a technical team that is responsible for decision making and driving all SSD engineering development activities for a given program. Responsibilities include working with system architecture, hardware design, NAND, firmware, validation, qualification, customer teams, and contract manufacturers to define and develop high-performance solutions, drive resolution of complex technical issues, and deliver fully qualified SSDs to key enterprise OEM and hyper-scaler customers. A focus on world-class performance, cost optimization, and high quality is expected. Success will be measured by schedule execution, the ability to establish innovative development methodologies, and the ability to influence the competitive direction of CNEX Labs’ SSD solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in SSD/HDD design and development
- Knowledge of SSD controllers, firmware, host architecture, memory, and storage interfaces, especially PCIe/NVMe, and preferably firmware development experience
- Technical understanding of non-volatile memory and usage in storage devices/systems
- Proven track record of delivering successful new products
- Ability to lead a cross-site, cross-functional technical engineering team
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical teams and organizational levels
- Experience with customer communication
- Knowledge and experience with project planning methodologies and tools
CNEX Labs, Inc.